Replicant is a fully free Android distribution running on several devices. It is a free software project.
On this release, here is a quick summary of which major components are working and which are not:
- Telephony is stable enough, there is working in-call volume change and audio routing, though we miss some features like conferencing
- SMS are working nicely, including multi-part messages, both on sending and receiving
- Data has a minimal implementation that is far from being ready (but can be set up manually), so this will be for next time
- Some other minimal features are there (SIM I/O, DTMF, SIM unlock, etc)
- Some are missing (USSD, working airplane mode for instance)