The game, a science fictional adventure set in a star cluster dominated by five major civilizations, first launched in 2003, and its subscriber base (currently about 400,000) has grown every year since launch. Revenue has been growing too, at a compound annual growth rate of 53 percent, bringing in total revenue of $300 million over the game’s lifetime. As for profits, CCP would only say that it has “very healthy margins” — a claim backed up by the fact that it has grown to more than 450 employees despite only raising $3 million in seed funding.
This game made the tech news many years ago.
Recommended system configuration for running EVE Online:
- OS: Windows® XP Service Pack 2 / Vista / 7
- CPU: Intel Pentium® or AMD dual core @ 2 Ghz or greater which supports SSE2
- RAM: 2 GB
- HD space: 20Gb Free Space
- Network: ADSL connection or faster
- Video: ATi Radeon 5750 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
- Drivers: DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers
- DVD-ROM : 2 speed DVD reader or greater required.The minimum screen resolution for EVE is 1024×768.
Audio hardware must support SSE and be Direct Sound compatible. For optimum performance, use latest drivers available.Please note that Windows 95, 98, ME, NT and 2000 are not supported.