Because database configurations can make all the difference between safeguarding data stores and leaving them dangerously vulnerable to big data breaches, security experts recommend taking a look at all of your database’s default settings for weakness. But, in particular, the following defaults pose the biggest risks.
via Dodging 5 Dangerous Database Default Settings – Dark Reading.
- Default Passwords And Accounts
- Allowing Direct Table Access
- Keeping Default Stored Procedures
- Encryption Keys Stored With Database
- Unnecessary Services and Applications